Friday, December 26, 2008

Exactly the same...ughhh!

Today I had my 39 1/2 week appt and guess what?!...nothing has changed! I am still only 1cm dialted, although my nurse was able to push me along to 2cm but said I could go back. I am no more effaced but Samantha's head is a little lower. My NP can't even believe that I am still pregnant and not really progressing towards what could possibly be labor. So next week if I am still pregnant on the 2nd of January and past my due date they would schedule a fetal monitoring test and then at 41 weeks I would get to pick my due date and I would be induced...let's hope she can come on her own b/c I do not want to be induced again. From my NP's approximate measurements Samantha is about 7 1/2-8lbs right now although I never trust these measurements. So on I suffer.

In Hannah news after about 2 months in her big girl room she has finally figured out that she can get out of bed on her own! For the last 2 months we have been amazed that she has not tried to get out of bed and continued to call us to come get her. Of course we had no problem with this but were laughing at how she just did not get it. Well on Monday I kept her home with me and after about 2 hours of napping (Hannah in her room and Tulip & I in the living room) Tulip and I hear a twisting of a door knob. I was a little shocked and even Tulip sat up b/c she was wondering what the noise was. Both of us went over to Hannah's door and waited until she figured out how to open the door and when the door finally opened there was Hannah standing with a big smile on her face and said "I got out of bed on my own and opened the door!". She was so proud of herself. I told her "You did!". Then she told me she even turned off her sound machine (we have an ocean sound machine to drown out noise in our house since our house is so small) all on her own...again so proud of herself. It was really cute. Since then she has gotten out of bed on her own several more times, always with a big smile and proud of herself but there are still times she calls us...she cracks us up.

I hope everyone had a good x-mas...we all got lots of goodies here, I guess we were good all year. I gave Adam the "Scene It - Seinfeld" game and we played it last night. That game rocks and it was so much fun...we can't wait to challenge Paul to a game.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I'm going to focus on sending my contractions to you! I don't know if it is good or bad that Hannah can get out on her own now. Has she been doing it a lot now?