Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome Samantha!

Samantha was born December 28th, 2008 at 6:49am. She weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. We barely made it to the hospital as I had my first contraction at around 5:30am and by the time we left the house about 10 minutes later my contractions were only about 1 minutes apart. We had an interesting car ride to the hospital as I was screaming in pain and Adam was trying to drive as fast as I was yelling at him to. :) We pulled up to the ER doorway, left the car there, and Adam ran pushing me through the maze that is the UC Med Center in a wheelchair as I continued to freak out that I was going to be delivering any minute. I swear it was like the movies. When we got into Labor and Delivery I was already 8cm dilated and a few minutes later I was in a delivery room, pushed about 4-5 times and out came Samantha! It all happened so fast we still can't believe it. Obviously since she came so fast I had no time for drugs...I was quite disappointed about that but I clearly did not have a choice...good times.
We came home on Tuesday and all has been well. Samantha is doing great and Hannah is a wonderful big sister. Tulip was a little concerned that she had another sister but is being super gentle when sniffing her or checking her out...she had plenty of practice with Hannah and I think she knows the rules. Here are some pictures for everyone to enjoy...Happy New Year!

Baby Samantha:


Hannah loving her new sister:


Happy Family:


The little yellow hat in these pictures was given to us at the hospital and was knitted by the residents at Eskaton Village Retirement Home which is where I use to work as an Activity Coordinator. I thought that was a really nice coincidence that her first little hat was knitted by the retirement home residence where I use to work and loved to work. Here is another picture of Samantha in it:

1 comment:

Christina said...

Congratulations Morrill Family - Samantha is beautiful! We are very excited for you and hope the transition from one to two goes well!