Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Unfortunate Accident

Hannah's potty training is going really well...well except for one problem. On Tuesday the only accident she had was to fall into the toilet! Now for those of you that know me and my toilet phobia this is a huge issue for me. Luckily I was not there when it happened...she was at school. I came to pick her up and the teacher proudly told me that Hannah did not have one accident, but the seat on their little mini toilet somehow managed to move and Hannah fell backwards into the toilet...ewwwww!! Hannah proceeded to tell me that her kayak shirt she was wearing was "a mess and so dirty". You think so? I was kind of taken aback when the teacher told me this but I just sucked it up b/c I must say I have become much better about toilets since this whole potty training business started. We went home and I told Adam the story and he asks, "Did they clean her up?". Of course they did!! What a silly question...no they just let her air dry. :)
Anyway, yesterday we had no accidents again...of the potty kind or falling into the toilet and so far this morning went well again. Hannah was a little clingying and I walked into daycare with her wrapped around my leg but I managed to pry her off and we said good-bye with only a few tears...those days are so heartbreaking!
By the way yesterday when I picked her up she decided that she wanted Daddy to stay home with her and play and Mommy was going to go to her job...that sucks! I asked if I could play and said no. :( Apparently Daddy plays better then Mommy, but we all knew that since Adam still enjoys watching cartoons.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh yuck! That would gross me out too! How did they clean her up? Did they give her a bath? I'm guessing you disinfected her yourself anyway. :-)