Friday, January 4, 2008

"I'll be right back"

Hannah puts on my new shoes last night and then we proceed to have this conversation:

Hannah - "I have to go the store, I'll be right back."
Me - "Oh really, what do you have to get at the store?"
Hannah - "Cheese samples. Keys please (as she is attempting to reach up and grab the keys)."
Me - I give her some keys..."What car are you going to take?"
Hannah - "The green one, I'll be right back." Now she is attempting to open the door with the keys I gave her.
Me - "Really, I didn't know we had a green car...is it your car?"
Hannah - "Yeah. Open door please, I'll be right back. I have to go to work."
Me - "Do you work at the store?"
Hannah - "Yeah."

This goes on for a while until I tell her I would rather her not work the night shift considering it is 6:00pm and that when she can work at Nugget I really hope it is the day shift. It also cracked me up that she kept saying she would be right back...apparently we say that a lot. :) Kids say the funniest things and have the greatest imagination...it keeps us laughing.

So how about that weather out there today? Tulip just about died of fear from the hurricane like winds and the rain pelting her like little needles when we were out on our walk this morning. Tulip was pulling so hard that we ended running back to our house and she kept pulling and pulling...I felt like I was being pulled by a sled dog. She is a lucky dog that she gets to stay inside today.

1 comment:

Christina said...

That was a really cute conversation between you and Hannah - glad she listens to you so much!