Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Time Out

Yesterday Hannah and I got back from running some errands and I wanted to go take Tulip for a quick walk before it got late. Well Hannah had other plans in mind and had no interest in going on a walk. I told her it would be really quick and that we needed to go. She kept saying no but I pretty much told her we were going...yeah I know I am a mean mom. I did keep trying to sway her by telling her we would be listening and looking for owls since it was dusk. Anyway as we were battling back and forth about going on this walk she tells me "Mommy, you are not listening, I don't want to go, Mommy take a time out not listening". Now keep in mind 98% of her time outs are because the girl is not listening so I wonder where she picked this up from...hmmm? That little rascal! I told her it does not work that way and that Mommy does not get time outs. Eventually she gave in and was perfectly fine on the walk. I think we are going to have our hands full for the next several years. :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

That's so funny! Isn't it hilarious as they grow and figure out the family hierarchy?

Christina said...

That is too funny! That definitely means that she understands what a time out is and why she gets them ... that's good!