Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Broccoli Omama

As I got to Hannah's school this afternoon to pick her up I found her and her fellow girlfriends gathered under the play structure in a circle and I asked what they were doing. I was told by Kathryn, who seemed to be leading the circle, that they were playing "Barack Obama". I was quite impressed that they even knew that name, but as I quickly found out from a teacher they were talking about him in circle time earlier. I was also informed by this teacher that earlier that day when they were playing outside they really hadn't gotten the name down quite right and were calling him "Broccoli Omama". So there you have it folks, our new President Broccoli Omama. I must say I had quite a laugh about that. :)

In other news, Hannah continues to be a great big sister. There are of course times where she will get frustrated that Samantha is not grabbing her hand so she will crunch down on Samantha's delicate fingers to get her to hold her hand. Or Hannah might want Samantha to open her eyes so she will take her fingers and attempt to pry open Samantha's closed eyes. You gotta love those delicate sisterly moments. Another question Hannah asks a lot is when will Samantha be able to play with me...and I can just see it now when Samantha is old enough to play with Hannah or Hannah's toys Hannah will be asking when will she stop playing with me. :)

No comments: