Thursday, October 15, 2009

What the What?!

I have a really bad headache, so I go to our back office to look for some Tylenol. There is none to be found but I run into Paul, and EXB professor also in the back room. I ask him if he happens to have Tylenol in his office and he says yes...score! So I follow him to his office down the hall and he hands me his bottle of Tylenol from a drawer. I look at it and think "this bottle looks a little old". So I decided to turn it over to look at the expiration date and to my surprise I see 4/95...yes that's right folks it is 14 years old!!! I of course inform Paul that his Tylenol is 14 years old and he says "oh, I don't believe in that stuff". Well I don't believe in it if it is a couple of months old, but 14 years!!! My god!! I kindly hand his bottle back and say thanks but no thanks.

So next I call our Training Room, luckily they of course have some and are willing to give me some. So down I go and one of the student athletic trainers hands me the Tylenol and in the room are several student-athletes getting worked on and other trainers. Also in the room is our Men's Locker Room Asst., Joe. Really nice guy but sometimes I don't think there is a filter on what he says because he turns to me in front of all these people and says "Hey Nicole can you take that while you are still breastfeeding?". Of course everyone turns to look at me and I have to kindly inform him that I am done breastfeeding but thanks for being concerned about me. He says he is just looking out for me...again sweet, but the concern coming from a male co-worker is a little funny to me and in front of a lot of student-athletes and trainers makes it even funnier. But I have my Tylenol and hopefully my headache will be gone soon.

No comments: