Friday, October 9, 2009

TARGET IS OPEN IN DAVIS!!!

I never thought I would see this day but it has finally arrived here in Davis and they even opened early!! Target was not suppose to open until this weekend, so imagine my surprise when Adam called my on Tuesday after he picked up the girls from school to let me know that Target was officially opening that day and they were having all sorts of free stuff there and Music Matt was playing there. Well this definitely was a reason to get off of work early, so I left a 1/2 hour early and off to the Target celebration we went.

They had free food, free pharmacy samples, free ballon making people, free face painting, a free bouncy house, free snow cones and to top it all off Music Matt was rockin' the house! That was Hannah's favorite b/c every Tuesday afternoon she takes music lessons with Music Matt at her school and really enjoys it. So here she is on stage with Music Matt singing her "ABCs".





Music Matt also had a drum set there for the little ones to use to rock out on and Hannah took full advantage.





We decided to use the Target shopping cart as a high chair for Samantha to feed her dinner...yeah we are classy, but you gotta do what you gotta do when you are celebrating at Target. :)



Even Samantha is happy that Target is open in Davis (although from the looks of this picture she could use a hair cut...her hair is gettin' a little shaggy).



Now if we can only get a Trader Joe's to come to Davis our little world here would be complete and I really would only have to leave to go to Costco...although that is not too far up the road in Woodland.

Last night Survivor was on and b/c I am a true Survivor fan I put watching the show ahead of putting my kids down to sleep...yeah I know I am a horrible mother. No really Adam put Samantha down but I decided to let Hannah watch a little of Survivor with me. Lately Hannah has been a huge pain in the you know what so I decided if we spent a little Mama and Hannah time together watching Survivor she might enjoy it (don't worry I am planning on some other more quality one on one time with Hannah this weekend not involving the TV) and she did. She of course had A LOT of why questions about the show and while in the past she has seen bits and pieces of Survivor she has never seen the voting off process. This brought up a whole host of why questions and I basically told her that all these people are camping and some are not very helpful or kind so they are deciding who to send back home that way. Since Hannah has not been very helpful or kind lately I figured this was a good analogy to use...of course this may just scar her for life b/c she might think we are going to vote to send her away...although that why question never came up. Maybe it will improve her behavior. :)

2 comments:

wes and susie said...

Wooo Hooo! Tarjay.. No need to tell us what H wants for Christmas. A drum set! Right On! "Hannah and the Half Tones" New Metal Group! Rock ON! HA HA

PS> How did Adam's test go for was it SF?

Wes and Susie

Christina said...

Rock on Hannah! She looked adorable up there jamming with Music Matt!