Monday, September 22, 2008

Is there an otter in the house?

This weekend Adam's mom came up to visit and help us with some house stuff. On Saturday night she watched Hannah for us so Adam and I could go out on a date. We went to McCormick & Shimeck's for dinner which was really nice. I ventured out of the box and out of my comfort zone and got Dover Sole which I have never had before and it was the first time since I can remember that I haven't order my "standard" on any menu and really enjoyed it. I was pleasantly surprised b/c it was really good! It did come with mashed potatoes so that helped.
Anyway, when we came home Adam's mom let us know that all night long Hannah was pretending to be a baby otter. She was "eating" clams and sea stars just like her book "Pup's Supper" about a baby otter and she was floating in the bath tub like an otter among other things. At about 5:30am on Sunday morning I wake up to a loud screetching coming from her room...at first I couldn't figure out what the noise was but then it occurred to me that Hannah was still pretending to be an otter at that early morning hour and rather then calling out my name like she always does when she wakes up she decided she would call out to me in what I can only guess she thought was a baby otter's call. I sent Adam in there to deal with our "baby otter" who thank god went back to sleep. The next time she woke up that morning she was Hannah again b/c she called out to me in the regular "Mamacita" way. :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

How fun that you went out to a nice dinner! Glad Hannah's back to being Hannah.