Thursday, February 7, 2008

ROCK ON!

I was driving with Hannah in the Volvo yesterday and listening to 107.9 The End. I don't have a CD player in the car so we can't listen to "Hannah's Music". The song "Stronger" came on by Kanye West...your typical as Adam and a few other people I know would call it a "hoopty" music. It has a very good beat and I said "Hey Hannah this is a good song we can dance in our chair to this one". To which I received the very annoyed answer with a finger pointed at me from her of "No Mama, Hannah no like this song, Hannah like Van Halen....ROCK ON!" And when she said "ROCK ON!" she had her hands up in the air trying to make her two fingers stick up like you see on people who say "Rock On". Obviously Daddy has been working on her in the Prius as Van Halen is his absolute most favorite band ever. I tried to coax her to listen to "Stronger" by Kanye a little longer to see if it would grow on her and she said to me again with a very annoyed voice, "No Mama, Hannah no like this song, Hannah like Van Halen!!". Great...so being the nice mother that I am I turned it to a rock station in an attempt to find some Van Halen for her but instead found Guns N' Roses...to which she was very happy with and again exclaimed "ROCK ON!". I think she drives in the car with Daddy too much and I need to add to this girl's taste in music so it can include my "hoopty" music otherwise I will quickly be out voted on choice of music to listen to in the car. But I guess Classic Rock isn't bad as I am listening to Def Leppard right now. :)


In other music news...a while back when Hannah was learning her ABCs she had this fridge magnet that would tell you how each letter sounds and then it would sing you the "ABCs". Adam didn't care for it b/c it annoyed him so he decided to add a spin to it and teach Hannah to bounce up and down with her hands out and say "uhhh uhhh uhh" while she sang her ABCs...talk about hoopty. I believe that she just figured that while singing the ABCs you are suppose to do that b/c she would always do it. They even questioned us at school about how we sing the ABCs at home since while they were singing it all nice a proper at school Hannah would bust out with "uhh uhh uhh". I had Adam explain that one to them. Anyway, I haven't seen Hannah do the "uhh uhh uhh" in quite some time while singing the ABCs and so I asked at school today if she has done that recently. And they said why yes she just did it the other day on the playground outside. Another little girl was ever so properly singing the ABCs when Hannah approached her and said "No Katherine, sing uhh uhhh uhh" as she proceeded to demonstrate to Katherine how she was to do it. Katherine of course just looked at her like she was crazy and continued to sing it the right way and Hannah again tried to correct her to sing it with the "uhh uhh uhh" added. I can just imagine my daughter with her finger in Katherine's face trying to teach her how to sing the ABCs with the hoopty in it. The teachers just said they laughed b/c Hannah makes them laugh. That's my crazy little girl. :)

2 comments:

Christina said...

"Hoopty?!" That is so funny!! Her taste in music is way better than mine ... count me in for Celene Dion or Whitney Houston. I'm sure Hannah would not go for that at all!

Tara said...

Hannah rocks! She is so funny!