Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ratatouille

Man oh man have I had hibby jibby day. The last several weeks we have heard little rat/mice feet running around in our ceilings...which as been creepy enough! So this morning Facilities finally came out and had some traps set up there. I am peacefully sitting here just before lunch and I hear a massive snap, some squeaking, and then flailing around! I FREAKED OUT! I went running out of my office screaming! My co-worker in the office next to me heard it too so we closed my door in hopes that when we go back in the flailing will have stopped. So I call our Facility peeps to come pick it up and the lady that answers the phone says to me "Are you sure there is something up there?" Of course there is I tell her! And she says "Really, b/c a lot of times it just goes off and there is nothing there". I am thinking does she want me to go up there and check?! I assure her that I heard it struggling and so she agrees to send someone out...although we are not sure when they will be able to come out...maybe not today. WHAT?! Luckily only like 15 minutes later a guy comes and disposes of the body. Well I swear to god not 10 minutes after he left another huge snap above my head goes off and more struggling and flailing ensues! Of course I run out screaming again really not wanting to return to my office at all! I can't believe that all these rats are getting caught above my office! My co-worker in the office next door has been the one that has heard them running around the most and here I am with them all being caught on my side. So I sit here waiting for someone else to come to dispose of the 2nd body. And I swear if I hear a 3rd one go off today I am going home!

3 comments:

Tara said...

That's so gross! At first I thought you were talking about your house. At least at work you have professionals disposing of the mess for you. But still, ew!

PxT said...

Just put the dog up there, she'll take care of it.

Christina said...

Yuck yuck yuck!!!! That is nasty!! I hope they get all the rats so you won't have to deal with them anymore.