Thursday, November 15, 2007

Baloo!!

This morning in my attempts to get ready on time and out the door I sat Hannah down to watch "The Jungle Book"...no not the whole movie just a clip where the Elephants march in and then where Baloo sings "The Bear Necessities". She has seen this small portion of the movie before b/c in our attempts to get her ready for Disneyland in only 3 weeks we are having her watch some Disney movies that she can identify with b/c we listen to Disney music all the time. One of her favorite songs on the CD is this elephant march from "The Jungle Book" movie. For those of you that don't remember or have never seen the movie, after Baloo sings "The Bear Necessities" to Mowgli the monkeys come in and snatch Mowgli away and throw fruit at Baloo to stop him from coming at them and then basically roll him down a hill. Yes I know it is all not very nice...but we all know Disney is famous for having these scenes in their movies. Anyway, like I said, Hannah has seen this scene before and is well aware that afterwards he climbs out and goes to get Mowgli and ends up dancing with the monkeys. But today as I am getting ready I hear a huge scream "MOMMEEEEE!" and then huge tears that follow. I come running into the living room thinking Tulip did something to Hannah but Tulip is every so peacefully sleeping on her bed. I frantically ask her "What's wrong?!" and she looks up at me with her water filled eyes, points to the TV, and cries "BALOO!!". So I look to the TV and there is Baloo getting pelted with fruit by the monkeys and being knocked down a hill. Poor thing! She felt sorry for Baloo and was so sad about it! I quickly reminded her that he is o.k. and that Baloo gets right up and goes to get Mowgli from the monkeys and ends up having fun and dancing with them. Luckily she remembers and recovers and then is happy again...but I sure did feel sorry for her at that moment. I totally can see how she feels sorry for him...I know I do and in her little world it is actually happening...poor thing. I think Disney movies might be a challenge in the future b/c as we all know there is always something sad that happens in a Disney movie.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Definitely keep her away from Bambi!! It is sweet though that she is so compassionate.