Thursday, July 15, 2010

Some AK pics

We have been so busy here and it has been so exhausting with 2 little ones up here that I haven't even had a chance to post pictures. I usually fall asleep every night after reading to Hannah when she goes to bed around 10pm (b/c it never gets dark here)!! Well tonight I woke up after sleeping with her, went to take a shower and I feel like I had a good little nap. It is light outside at 11:50pm...well it looks like twilight so I could get up and start my day again...ha-ha. So here is a little picture recap of our last week:

Sisters happy to be reunited with each other. This is the first time they saw each other when Hannah got up after the day we flew in.



Feeding the ducks every evening at Reflection Lake near my brother's house and afterwards helping my dad and my brother work on his house.





Finding my brother's skateboard is a lot of fun:


Playing at "Hannah's Cove" in downtown Anchorage. After this Hannah decorated her rock and the area with the petals from a rose that was planted near by.



At the Musk Ox Farm feeding the Musk Ox. Both girls really LOVED this. Samantha thought they were big dogs probably and Hannah learned a lot about Musk Ox from the tour. But both girls just kept feeding them and I am sure the Musk Ox really appreciated that.









These next series of pictures are from the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center south of Anchorage. This was an awesome place that pretty much has gives the animals acres of land to roam on and you can drive through the entire center and stop where ever you want and get out and check out the animals you see. It was an incredibly windy day the day we went but it was still very much worth it. The girls again LOVED seeing the animals and it was really cool so see them up so close.


















Here we are on Tuesday in Seward, about 120 miles from Anchorage getting ready to go on a dog sled ride. These dogs run in the Ididarod Race and they keep them in shape during the summer months by having them pull tourists around the forest. Adam and I did this 10 years ago when we came here and it was a highlight of our trip and it once again was another highlight. Samantha being the dog lover the she is was in absolute heaven and Hannah loves all animals so she was very excited too. When you sit down on the "sled" the dogs are going to pull you on all the dogs go absolutely nuts b/c they all want to be hooked up and run but only some of them get to go. As soon as the sled took off both girls were laughing and smiling the whole entire ride. It was rainy day and only about 50 degrees but that is still hot for these dogs so we had to make about 4 stops along the 2 plus mile course to let the dogs "cool off". Each time we did this the dogs would still be going nuts b/c they wanted to keep going and so was my lovely daughter Samantha. Everytime we stopped she would cry that she wanted to go and as soon as we went she was a happy camper...crazy kid. A lot of the workers there were amazed at how much a little toddler like her could love dogs so much...I told them that in about 18 years she would probably be working here. :)



















And now one of the best parts...visiting with the puppies. They were so incredibly cute and Samantha and Hannah were so loving with all of the puppies. Both of the girls could have stayed there all day.











After our exciting visit with the dogs we saw our first real "wild" animals, a baby moose and her mommy. Hannah was very excited although thought it was funny the mommy had a beard.



On the drive back to Anchorage EVERYONE was asleep except of course me who was driving. Although I was enjoying the quiet. :)



I hope to post more pictures before I go...but I am not making any promises. Everyone send good thoughts my way and lets hope my flight home with both kids goes well.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I think I'm confused. How did Hannah get up there? I thought only you and Samantha went to Alaska. The pictures are amazing though - very cool!