Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend News

This past weekend we had our bi-monthly friends dinner at Denise & Ken's house. It was a lot of fun b/c hanging out with friends always is but in addition to that Denise & Ken announced Denise was 10 weeks pregnant and Andy & Laura announced that Laura was 8 weeks pregnant! How exciting! Congrats again to both couples we can't wait until February 2010 when these little ones will be born. In September the bi-monthly dinner will be at our house and we look forward to it. :)

Now before we went to Denise & Ken's house on Saturday I thought I would take the girls to get their first ever professional portraits done. Thanks to Christina's blog I printed off my free pictures coupon for the Picture People and it expired Saturday so I had to go! Adam hates these portrait things so I had to drag him but he was only willing to agree to it b/c it was free. I had to promise him I would not get suckered into more pictures. So along with Hannah's friend Sydney's family (who had the appt after us) we went to the Picture People at Arden Fair Mall and had our first ever professional photography experience. I must say those photographers have to have an incredible amount of patience. When we would get Hannah actually looking and smiling at the camera Samantha would be doing something else or just starring at the camera. Normally Samantha is a very smiley girl but she was just so taken aback by the lights and camera pointed at her face that she didn't know what to do so she just starred at the camera. Towards the end we got her to crack a few smiles...she even had an incredibly cute one with her tongue sticking out but then Hannah wasn't looking at the camera and had a strange smile...aahhhh!!! So this is the one that we finally settled on for our free 8 X 10, 2 free 5 X 7s, and 8 wallets:



Turns out it really wasn't that hard not to pick more then one pose since the girls really didn't photograph great at the same time...although I still LOVE this picture. Of course there were a few other shots that I thought would be cute to get but then the Picture People make it easy for you to get them b/c they make your pictures available on line to order as well. You can view them here: http://smilestore.picturepeople.com/my/images?cg=207294587120863729.

By the way since my last post about Samantha finally rolling over, she has not done it again...she just refuses to roll over...strange little girl. :)

2 comments:

PxT said...

Great picture. I agree that those photographers must have incredible patience. Either that or they're on some strong anti-anxiety drugs all the time!

Christina said...

That is an absolutely beautiful picture Nicole! Glad you got a good shot out of it! I wasn't able to see the others though.