Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nicole's Day & Family Day

On Saturday I had what I call a "Nicole Day". Considering my life will soon not be my own and I will not be without a little baby attached to me at the hip...well not that the this isn't the case now except with a 3 year old...but she is a little more independent. Anyway, at 11:30am I had an hour prenatal massage...wonderful!!! Then straight from there I went scrapbooking for 3 1/2 hours at my friend Tarri's house. After that I went home for a little bit to get my Hannah fix and then that night I went out with 3 other moms (moms of Hannah's friends from school) to Fuzio's. We got there about 7:30pm and left after closing after 11pm! We were sitting outside b/c it has been so nice and warm and just chatting for those 3 1/2 hours. We rarely get the opportunity to talk without being interrupted every minute from our lovely little ones that I think we all quite enjoyed just sitting there for so long and talking. Of course the alcohol helped I am sure...well not for me...I was the designated driver of these ladies b/c of my "condition". They all had about 3-4 mixed drinks each and apparently Fuzio's makes them really strong. I on the other hand had 2 Pepsi's which low and behold were free b/c I was the designated driver!!! Sweet!!! So my whole dinner was about $12...awesome. :) Anyway it was a very nice day.

On Sunday Adam let me sleep in and got up with Hannah and he had to come wake me up at 9:30 to let me know they were going to the store. First of all I couldn't believe it was 9:30am! So I decided to get up. Now lately I have been extremely swollen, especially my lovely ankles which I now call cankles. When I got up on Sunday I could actually see my ankles again! I was shocked! They looked so nice to have a defined shape to them...either it was all the sleep and being off my feet for that long or my lovely relaxing day on Saturday. Whatever it was it was great! Sadly though only a few hours later I lost my ankles again to my cankles and they have been back every since. :(

That afternoon we had our first family Mondavi performance that we will be seeing this year..."The Velveteen Rabbit". It was a 3pm performance and I couldn't wait to take Hannah to it. It was a production by a dance group that included some acting and singing as well with the dance. Hannah loved it! She sat straight up on Adam's lap the whole time and was just mezmorized. I knew she would but I was worried something would scare her but it didn't. The first portion was 50 minutes long then we had intermission and then another 25 minutes and she did beautifully through the whole thing. At the end when the curtains went down she said "Let's watch it again!". Poor thing she did not understand that this is not like a DVD or video at home where you can replay it as many times as you like, this was performance and that was it. So that is when the tears started on the way out because she was so sad we were leaving and wanted to see it again. We had to reassure her that we will be going to 4 more performances this season and the very next one is on Dec. 2nd to see Dan Zanes. Regardless I am glad she liked it so much, it was good. Then we went out to dinner as a family and then headed to Ben & Jerry's for dessert. Hannah got her very own chocolate ice cream scoop on a sprinkle & chocolate covered cone and was in heaven! She was covered with chocolate from head to toe! I searched and searched my purse for my camera but did not find it...so no picture sorry but trust me she was covered.

Anyway, that was our lovely weekend...now back to more getting ready for this little one to come. :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Nicole, that sounds like a wonderful weekend! Good for you for taking some time for yourself ... you should do that every weekend until the baby comes. :-)