Thursday, October 16, 2008

Moving Mania!

This week we have been playing musical rooms at our house and clearing out our front room to change into our room, so that we can clear out our room and change it into Hannah's room. Let me tell you it has been craziness!! I don't think we realized how much stuff was in that front room that just accumulated over the last 6 years. For the most part we had to move all that stuff into living room/kitchen area which created complete disaray in those rooms so that Adam could paint our room. We choose the color "creme" which at first seemed more of a goldish tan but turned out more of a goldish yellow...it is nice though...it really brightens up the room.
I have been busy organizing and sorting all our crap and finding a proper place for it while Adam has been busy painting, cleaning carpets, and moving furniture. We have had a few late nights and we are tired but we must keep going!! I am determined to get this done by Hannah's b-day. Last night we completed the move into our new room and spent our first night in there which in turn has made Tulip so confused. When we finished emptying out our old room she walked down the hallway and looked in there and then looked at Adam putting together our bed in the new room and gave him a look as if to say "What the hell is going on in here?!". We realized that for 6 years and all her life we have been in our old room so this is obviously super confusing to her. All night long she looked really stressed out and confused.
When it came time to go to bed it was really hard convincing her to go lay on her bed in the new room. On top of it her bed as always been at the foot of our bed and Adam's dresser with the TV on top of it but since this room is shorter but wider she cannot fit in between the foot of the bed and Adam's dresser and now has to be on the side of our bed and next to my dresser...this has caused her additional stress. When I told her to lay on her bed she kept walking over to the foot of the bed and in between Adam's dresser and looking at me like aren't you going to move my bed over here, this is where I am suppose to lay down. I finally convinced her to get on her bed in the new spot but you could see she was not comfortable with it or relaxed. If we did not have the baby gate to keep her in there she would be out of there! I just felt so bad for her b/c you can't explain it to her.
Tonight the move into Hannah's room starts and will continue over the next few days as we make it her own. I plan to have her spend her first night in there on Sunday so she wakes up in there on Monday, her birthday. Pictures will come when the move it complete!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Happy Moving!

I hear you about accumulating stuff. In my house the "stuff" seems to be crap though and I've got it hidden EVERYWHERE! I'm not even moving rooms, but I've been clearing things out lately. What a task!