Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And the little one rolled over and bumped her head

Sunday night was the first night Hannah slept in her big girl room and therefore her big girl bed. She had a little bit of a problem going to sleep because it was a new environment. She didn't cry or anything just laid there awake for a good hour before going to sleep. The only "rough" patch we hit the first night was when at about 2:30am she woke up screaming "MOMMY!!!" as if though she was completely terrified. So I went running in there as fast as an 8 month pregnant woman can move and I come to find out she just didn't like the blanket I had put on her after she fell asleep to keep her warm...go figure I thought it was that she was confused about her surroundings. Anyway I put a different blanket on her and that fixed that problem.

I also don't think she has figured out she can get out of bed her on her own b/c in the morning she called to me saying she wanted to come in Mommy and Daddy's bed, so I told her to come on in but she said "you have to come get me". That is when I realized that she doesn't know she can get out of bed yet on her own and come in so I thought I am not going to clue her in yet, so I went and got her. Pretty smooth night.

Last night on the other hand was a little different. It took her a long time to fall asleep again but she just laid there quiet until she fell asleep. At about 12:30am I hear a huge THUMP! and screaming for Hannah "MOMMMY!! MOMMY!!!" and then crying. I knew that she had fallen out of bed. So I woke up Adam, who by the way has slept through all of these screams from night one and two to please go pick her up and make sure she is o.k. He of course found her on the floor...she wasn't hurt but she was shaken up b/c she has never fallen out of bed. We had thought about putting up a guard rail to keep her in her bed but our doctor had said that at 3 years old they have pretty good control of their body and it shouldn't be a problem. Plus, this bed is not that high of the ground and we have a soft carpet so I thought if for some reason she does fall out of bed it won't hurt too much. So after Adam picked her up and put her back into bed she fell right asleep. About an hour later she yelled to me b/c she needed to be covered up again so up I went to fix that problem. After taking about another hour to go back to sleep at 2:30 in the morning I hear again...THUMP!! and this time she yelled out "DADDY! DADDY!" b/c he had picked her up before. This time Adam lined her bed with pillows so she wouldn't fall out a 3rd time but it again took me a while to fall back asleep b/c I kept worrying about her.

When she woke up in the morning she said "Daddy put these pillows here so I wouldn't fall out of bed"...poor little girl. Clearly this girl sleeps like my brother where she is all over the bed at night and not like me where sometimes you think I am a dead body b/c I haven't moved at all. So needless to say Adam is going to go out and buy a rail for her bed today so we don't have the "fall out bed and bump your head" problem again tonight.

No comments: