Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jamin' with Music Matt

Music Matt (www.musicmatt.com) is a a guy who plays rock n' roll like music for kids, and I swear the kids can't get enough of him. If you have ever been to a performance of his there are all these little kids running around and dancing just like at an adult rock concert. In fact 2 years ago Hannah even flashed him at a concert of his at "Celebrate Davis"...it was a proud moment...yeah right!

Anyway, he comes to Hannah's school each week to teach music lessons, which you have to pay for and you have to be at least 3 years old. Hannah and I have observed a few of these classes in the past and I have been waiting for her to turn 3 so that I can sign her up b/c she loves music and she loves Music Matt. Yesterday when I came to pick her up I couldn't find her anywhere on the playground. One of the teachers came up to me and said she is in the Music Matt class today b/c apparently Hannah came running up to him when he walked through the door and was so excited to see him that he thought she was "cool" and so he took her to his lesson. So I went to the preschool room where his lesson was going on and it was just finishing. The kids were all getting their stickers at the end of class and having a great time...they had just learned about the tuba. After class I thanked Music Matt for letting Hannah join and double checked again that she needed to be 3 to be in the class. He looked at me with a puzzled look and said "She is not 3 yet!". Obviously I said no, that she would be 3 in October. He said she is welcome to join now b/c she does much better in his class then some of the older kids and he loves to have her. Apparently when he walked in she came running up to him like he was an old friend of hers and she was all excited to see him and that is what he thought she was really cool. Our Hannah...I swear that girl is so friendly. So we now have her signed up for Music Matt and she can jam with Music Matt every week. Yay!

1 comment:

Christina said...

That is so fun - Music Matt sounds like a blast! Glad she'll be able to participate now!