Monday, May 19, 2008

Heartbeat

We had our doctor's appointment today and initially it was suppose to be later today with the regular person I see but she called in sick so I was worried as to who the replacement was going to be, plus they had to move the appt. to 11am. The replacement was great...I really haven't found a bad person in this OB/GYN dept. After like 5 pages of personal questions to most of which my answers were no ( I lead a pretty dull life) I got to hop up on the table and see if we could hear the heartbeat. Since I am only 7 1/2 weeks pregnant she warned me that we might not hear it. After some searching she found it! It was so faint and we only heard it for a little bit but off in the distance we heard a rapid heartbeat. Very exciting. The doctor said she was rock star for finding it...it cracked us up.
For a few weeks now I have had a really bad feeling that there was more then one baby in there...don't ask me why, it was just a feeling. But the doctor said that my uterus was too small for multiples so most likely there was only one. Now don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with twins (Paul & Tara), but having twins after you already have one and in the small sized house we have would have been very interesting. I knew I wasn't one of those intuitive moms who knows things like what the sex of her baby is so I don't know why I was worried about this feeling. :)

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh, Twins would be exciting! I have a gut feeling that this one is a boy. But remember what happened with Hannah? I thought she was a boy too, until you were about halfway through your pregnancy. I'll keep you posted. hahaha.

Christina said...

How fun to hear the heartbeat, Nicole! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy! Congrats!

PxT said...

> there is nothing wrong with twins (Paul & Tara)


How many times do I have to tell people... we're not twins.