Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Picture Day Drama

Today is picture day at Hannah's school. I was all prepared...I bought this cute long sleeved light pink shirt with a simple bow around the torso but I wanted to wash it to shrink it a little so it fit better. Well when I took it out of the dryer the collar had frayed! I was so upset b/c this is from Babies R'Us and it is what I thought a quality brand...Koala Kids...apparently not! So I thought quick how can I fix this? I didn't have time to do any sewing repairs on it this morning so I tried to iron the frayed part under but that didn't work. I also tried it on Hannah and it was just way to obivous that it was frayed so I had to take it off her...after I convinced her that it was so pretty so she would put it on and then she said "Pretty" while looking at the shirt and I said "Sorry we have to take it off. This did not make her happy. So quick I put on another shirt. It was another new shirt I bought with flowers on it and again after I convinced her it was pretty we put it on and it was way too big! Even after it had been shrunk! Now I was at a loss! I had specfically bought these 2 shirts for picture day b/c October is always that time of year where the season changes and you have run out of good looking cloths that will be o.k for the colder weather and that look decent. So I quickly started looking through her cloths and looking for something that looked nice but warm. Accidentally I pulled out a dress hanging in her closet that is a khaki dress with safari animals all over it. Well she just loves it...probably the only dress she really likes b/c it has all the animals all over it. It is sleeveless though so I told Hannah this really won't work. Well the poor girl broke down. She was crying that she wanted to wear that dress and kept trying to pull it off the hanger to put it on, and so I gave in! I figured I had already put her through enough putting on and taking off of clothes and hell if she liked a dress we might as well go with it. I found a pink longsleeved shirt with a design on the front, but luckily the dress covered it up (the dress is kind of like overalls but with velcro instead of snaps) and I found some pink tights and voila! Picture day outfit complete! Not exactly the look I was going for but Hannah was happy and I think she will be running into things all day b/c she kept looking down and starring at the animals on her dress as she walked. Hopefully she did not walk into something and get a big old bruise before the pics were taken this morning...I will post the pictures when they come back.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I bet she looked adorable and at this point just getting out the door ontime is an accomplishment! I'm glad she was happy with her outfit. I can't wait to see the photos.

Christina said...

Maybe in the picture she'll be looking down at her outfit - I'm excited to see the pictures after this story!