Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Samantha's new hair style...ha-ha

Samantha had an EEG today because she might be having seizures...not the twitching kind just the kind where she is unresponsive and out of it for a bit. So an EEG is one of the things we have had to do to check out what is going on. It actually went much better than I thought it would b/c I thought she would be ripping off the sensors and screaming. She actually just sat there kind of looking sad and crying...it was really quite sad to watch her. She wasn't even distracted by a Dora DVD. It probably helped that she had a slight fever and sick...she probably didn't have the energy to fight too much.





The lady that was putting on the sensors was trying to convince Samantha she was getting her hair done. I think probably now she will never want her hair done again. After the sensors were on and the fancy bandage was put around her head to keep the sensors in place she hadd to lay down and try to go to sleep to record sleep waves. Again this is the only time I was happy she was sick b/c she had been up for about 2 hours the night before and then had to get up early to take Hannah to Kindergarten so she was ready to go to sleep...especially after all that crying getting the sensors on. I was ready to go to sleep too so I laid down next to her and we both dozed off for about 1/2 hour.

The whole test only took about 1 1/2 hours...I thought we would be there much longer...so that really wasn't that long. When we were all done it was time to take everything off her head. As you can see by the picture below she was less then thrilled by the end and giving us her "F-you" face...she is good at that.



Now we wait until next week when we have our appt. with the Neurologist for the results. By the way...how shocked is anyone that is reading this that I actually updated 2 days in a row!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh no! Poor little Samantha! She looks so miserable. I hope she got some serious treats after that. I hope she is OK. When did you start noticing that something was going on?

Susie Cauchi said...

OM Gosh! Poor Samantha. I hope everything turns out OK. Please keep us updated (posting the blog link on FB helps, hint hint). What made you think to ask the doctors about things? I am curious.