Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Over 100 and no power - awesome

Yesterday summer finally decided to show up here in the valley and it was over 100 degrees in Davis. As we come home we are looking forward to cooling off in our air conditioned house and relaxing and watching some t.v. when at 7:30pm the lights & air conditioning go out. I run outside to make sure we are not the only ones and quickly learn that it is just our street b/c our neighbors behind us have their lights on...darn! So I finish putting Hannah to sleep who feels it is necessary to have her flashlight even though it is time to go to sleep and then I attempt to go fold laundry by flashlight. I find this is ridiculous and it is getting quite warm inside even with the windows open. Adam is already outside talking to a neighbor and so I head out there to join him. Then a few other neighbors join us and we end up bringing beer and wine and cookies outside to the sidewalk and end up talking in front of our houses until close to 10pm.

The night ended up turning out to be not too bad...it was actually fun, although it was hot and mosquitoes were eating us alive. All the kids also stayed asleep through it all (we all took turns going in to check on the kids to make sure they were not screaming in the house as we were outside on the sidewalk). The power finally came back on at 10:15pm and the kids slept through it all. Today is suppose to be even hotter so I hope PG&E has everything under control b/c while I loved the social hour I would really like my air conditioning tonight. :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Yikes - that stinks Nicole. I hope your power doesn't go out again. But it sounds like fun to have a little impromptu block party!