Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday Hannah asked me if I had anything green to wear for St. Patrick's Day. I told her I don't think I do b/c I don't really have green in my closet. She said I could wear her green clover necklace that her Nali sent her (thank you Nali) on St. Patrick's Day so that I don't get pinched by the Leprechaun. I thought this was really sweet. Well I managed to find pants last night with a green hue to them (more like olive but they will do) to wear today. This morning as I am leaving for work Hannah hears me and yells "Mommy!". So I go running into her room..."Mommy, are you going to wear my clover necklace to work so that you don't get pinched by the Leprechaun?". Ahhh...how sweet. I told her I found some pants that were green so I was o.k for today. So I turn to leave and she then yells again "Mommy!". I come back and she says "Do you get to search for the Leprechaun's gold at work today too?". I laugh and tell her that she can search for me at school to which she goes into a long a story about how she is only going to borrow the Leprechaun's gold for about a week and then will return it to him. To this I am wondering why can't she keep it? We could sure use that gold. :)

Periodically Tulip wacks her tail in so much excitement that she cracks the end of it open and blood goes all over the walls as she continues to wack her tail against the wall. This results in a lovely "murder" like looking scene in our house as there is blood all over our white walls. Usually it takes us a while to figure out she did this as she goes all over the house spreading her tail blood. Yesterday, was a day she did this. When we discovered it I quickly started cleaning it up. Hannah sat right next to me saying "you missed a spot, here is another spot you missed, oh and another". Thanks Hannah. Then in a little bit she said with much excitement "Mommy can I help you?!" Sure, so I gave her a wipe and away she went helping me clean the bloody walls. About a minute later Samantha came toddling up, looked at what we were doing, grabbed a wipe and started rubbing the walls too! It was so cute! So there were both of my girls happily helping me clean the bloody walls. My mom says I am super lucky to have such good helpers, which I know I am. She said when they are older, they can clean the house while I just sit there on the couch saying "you missed a spot". :)

2 comments:

Christina said...

I hope you took pictures of your girls cleaning blood off of the walls. That's a keeper! I hope your dog is OK.

Devin said...

Hey, just saw you and Mr. Chipmunk in UC Davis magazine! Cool!