Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Update

I had my doctor's appt yesterday and guess what?! My uterus is measuring 19 or 20 weeks vs. 16 1/2 weeks. This is nothing new to me as the exact same thing happened to me with Hannah. I told my nurse that my theory on this is that my torso is so short that this baby and uterus have no where to go but out which is why now with 2 pregnancies I measure bigger then I should. She said that could be a possibility...I am certain of it. This also makes me feel better as I feel huge for how far along I am, so at least I am measuring bigger which gives me justification to feel huge.

While at the appt. we also listened to the rapid heartbeat of this little one and at one point this baby gave off quite a kick! You could hear it in the speaker of the heart monitor and I could definitely feel it in my bladder...ouch! That I would have to say was the first real true movement I have felt from this little one. Up until now I have felt those little flutters which I am pretty sure are the baby but you never know if it is just indigestion or gas. :)

I also had to go get my blood drawn for the alpha-feta protein test which is done around now...this is the test that Hannah tested a false positive for spina-bifida,which freaked us out for several weeks during my pregnancy with her. So I still wanted to get this test done this time but I am bracing myself for a phone call at work like I received last time with crappy, but hopefully wrong news. Or lets just hope I don't get a phone call at all! One thing that sucked was I had to wait 1 hour and 30 minutes before I was even seen in the lab and I also had to give them a urine sample so I was about to burst when they finally saw me! The first thing I said was give me the cup so I can go pee!

Last but not least, our ultrasound it scheduled for August 14th at 9am to find out how this baby is growing and if it is a boy or a girl. That is about 3 weeks away and I cannot wait!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Yeah for feeling the baby move around and kick - how exciting! It is so much better to measure bigger than smaller, so that's good news. I assume you'll post right after your ultrasound, right? Hope so!

Tara said...

My official prediction (today): It's a BOY!