Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Good-byes for Everyone!

Yesterday when I picked up Hannah from school they were right in the middle of circle time. Hannah grabbed my hand and pulled me down to sit with her during circle time, so I did. When circle time is over one kid gets picked to tap the other kids over the head one at a time with a batton like thing and that is how they get excused from circle time to go wash their hands and sit down for snack. Well the little girl picked yesterday tapped Hannah on the head early on but Hannah did not want to leave yet b/c I had not been tapped on the head yet. She was yelling to her "my mommy too!". It was too cute, but the girl didn't hear and Hannah would not get up and would not let me get up until I was tapped on the head as well. So we had to wait until the little girl excuse all 20 + other kids before Hannah yelled out to her again and reminded her to tap me on the head too so that we could both get up...I am so proud of my little rule follower. :)
Next we all sat down for snack time b/c Hannah wanted to stay and have snack time there. After Hannah was done with her snack, I went and grabbed her backpack and saw that she was going to say good-bye to her teachers which she always does. But yesterday in addition to saying good-bye to the teachers Hannah went around to all 5 or 6 tables of kids and tapped each of the 20+ kids on the shoulder and said good-bye to them all personally by name! I just stood there for like 5 minutes with a big smile on my face while Hannah said her good-byes to everyone! Again I was so proud of her! First that she knew everyone's name, and second that she was so sweet and polite to walk around and personally say good-bye to everyone. After she was done I had to give her a big hug and a kiss b/c it was one of the cutest things I had ever seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you like here school???????? was it fun at hannah's school????????

jasmine said...

cool i wish i could do that. did you waste any time????
what did you do after that.