Monday, September 24, 2007

Getting Our Groove on at IKEA

On Sunday afternoon we went shopping at IKEA. We were there quite a while...you know you come for one thing but end up looking at a zillion other things. Anyway after we had been there a while Hannah said she had to go potty...of course! This girl likes to check out public bathrooms. So away we went to the Family bathroom. Now while in IKEA there is music playing over the speakers in the store and when you go into the bathroom that same music is playing only it is incredibly loud! I almost felt like I was at a music concert. Hannah was facinated with this loud music and the speaker on the ceiling that was blarring it. The whole time we were there she just kept starring up at the ceiling. She went to the bathroom...yay! and then we were on our way. We ended up eating dinner there and then as we were getting ready to leave Hannah said she had to go potty again. I asked if she really had to go and she said yes. I said it was Daddy's turn to take her but she said, "No Mommy."...of course. So off we went to the bathroom again. As I am working on layering up the toilet seat with liners and toilet paper I turn around and Hannah is dancing and grooving like I have never seen her dance before. There was some 1950's rock song on and the girl was getting her groove on. I asked her if she still needed to go to the bathroom and she said no! That little bugger just wanted to go to the bathroom to listen to the loud music and dance not to go potty. I was practically on the floor I was laughing so hard watching her dance, but of course since I was in a public bathroom I remained on my feet. So we just hung out in the bathroom a little longer so she could dance. I swear I was laughing for the next hour just replaying the image of watching her dance in the bathroom to the loud music...crazy girl!

In other fabulous news...the Aggies won on Saturday in second home game at the Aggie Stadium. Much cooler weather then last time and a little rain but all in all a great time. Hannah of course used the potty at the stadium b/c we have to check out all public bathrooms but this one is super clean b/c they are brand new so I am not so freaked out by them. Go Ags!

2 comments:

kathy a said...

I like this blog thing, kind of fun to read,liked your pictures of the "girl". is this mason thing going to require the secret hand shake to look at also? now i have to remember to check it out, it is in my favorites

Christina said...

Sounds like a very fun shopping trip! I'm sure Adam was wondering what was taking you two so long in the bathroom. :-)